DevOps is a culture that brings Development and Operations team on same platform to complete the software development process. It allows organizations to create and improve products at a faster pace than they can with traditional software development approaches.
Developers and Operations work in silos towards their respective goals and priorities with a great disconnect on common priorities. This disconnect in common priorities, known as “Wall of Confusion”, creates unnecessary delays and ultimately affects Time to Market (TTM).
5 most important reasons why DevOps is so much important:
- No Wall of Confusion: It is a cultural shift from conventional IT practices – no more different teams working in silos and no more “wall of confusion”
- Increased Team spirit: Teams work together in a highly collaborative, responsive, agile and automated environment
- More reliability: Build infrastructure as code for repeat-ability and reliability on code as well as infrastructure.
- Shorter Development and Testing Cycles: Continuous development, continuous testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery (and/or continuous deployment)
- Reduced TTM: Deliver software often in small iterations with the help of readily available industry standard tools
Benefits of DevOps:
- Technical benefits:
- Improved quality and performance of the applications
- Continuous software delivery
- Reduced complexity of the systems and applications
- Faster feedback hence faster resolution of problems
- Less complex problems to fix due to small iterations
2. Business benefits:
- Faster delivery of features – Less time to market (TTM)
- Increased ROI (Return on Investment)
- More stable and automated operating environments
- Increased collaboration between the teams in the organization
- More time available to add value (rather than fix/maintain)
Here we are at Cloudseals Pvt Ltd, helping organizations to adopt DevOps in most effective way and improve their software development process with complete automation.